This article gives you 9 steps to tackle credit card debt. First of all, you can take relief in the fact that you are not the only one fighting credit card debt. There are hordes of people who might have an even worse credit card debt compared to you; all of them seeking to eliminate their credit card debt. So what is the solution to eliminating your credit card debt?
Well, the solution really is to smash the credit card debt with full force and eliminate it completely. So, how do you do that?
There are many ways in which you can tackle credit card debt. Different people suggest different ways of tackling credit card debt. However, below are 9 steps to tackle credit card debt.
- Take stock of the situation i.e. draw up a table with the following fields credit card name, balance, payment due day (the day of the month by which you are required to make payment of your credit card bill), APR, reward points earned, redemption offers applicable for your reward points balance, remarks.
- Fill the table up with data from your various credit cards.
- Figure out which credit card is contributing the most to the credit card debt i.e. highest APR and highest balance.
- Check if reward points can be used to make partial payments or cover any kind of fees or if the points can be bartered for something you need (spending less means preventing the credit card debt from getting worse).
- Draw a comparison table of offers available for eliminating credit card debt (i.e. consolidating credit card debt).
- First, eliminate debt on the credit card that is contributing the most to the credit card debt.
- Practice controlled and healthy spending habits (after all you are looking to get rid of credit card debt problem and not aggravate the credit card debt).
- Look for alternative means of adding to your income (more money means earlier termination of credit card debt)
- See your debt reduce with time and celebrate the day when you finally put an end to your credit card debt.
Remember this is just one of the ways of tackling your credit card debt; you might devise your own approach for doing away with any credit card debt. Any and every approach is good if it fulfills the objective i.e. eliminates credit card debt.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.